Teacher Letter of Recommendation Form
STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES (Please read these first!):
- Confirm that you actually need a letter of recommendation before asking a teacher for one, as well as how many are required/accepted. Please do not make extra work for a teacher if a letter is not actually required!
- Make sure to waive your right to view any letter in the application. This is standard practice.
- Ask your teacher 3-4 weeks before the letter is needed if they are willing and able to write you a letter by the required deadline(s).
- If your teacher agrees to write you a letter, fill out this form completely, accurately, and legibly (you could TYPE it separately) at least 15 school days prior to the deadline. REMEMBER – documents need time to travel/process, so if an application deadline is November 1st, set YOUR deadline for a couple weeks earlier!
- Follow up with your teacher 3-5 days before the deadline to make sure the letter will be completed as expected if it has not been already (Don’t hound them, just a friendly reminder!).
- Optional (but highly recommended) is to follow up with a thank you letter afterwards!
- FOR COUNSELOR letters of rec, please fill out the “Counselor Rec Survey” in Naviance instead of this form before you ask for a letter.
For the Teacher Letter of Recommendation form, click here.
Follow the JHHS Post-secondary Office on social media @LifeAfterHersey on these sites: