Harper Promise Scholarship
Beginning with the class of 2019, D214 students will be eligible to earn up to two years of tuition free college attendance at Harper College. For an overview of the program, including eligibility requirements, visit the Harper Promise site by clicking here. You can also view a detailed program explanation in English (Spanish) (Polish).
All freshmen are encouraged to sign up for the Harper Promise for two simple reasons:
- By signing up, students will have the option to attend two years of Harper College tuition free, an option that they can later choose whether or not to accept.
- Meeting, or exceeding, the minimum eligibility requirements will help students no matter what they choose to do after high school and make it easier to attract other scholarships.
Registration & Recommitment:
To participate in the Harper Promise Program, students must register online as a freshmen in one of the following ways:
- Online during the general registration process in Infinite Campus by clicking the "enroll" box
- Completing the paper Harper Promise Application and returning it to the College Career Center (CCC) on or before December 14, 2018.
Sophomores and Juniors must recommit each year via a survey in Infinite Campus before 9/14/18.
Required Community Service Hours:
Students will log their community service hours on-line. For directions, click HERE. To access the link to upload community service hours, click HERE. NOTE: When accessing and completing the on-line form you MUST:
- Use Google Chrome as your browser.
- Log into your GAPPS email account to access the form.
- Use the form for logging hours. Parents can not complete the form.
Looking for a way to earn 5 hours? Consider visiting www.volunteermatch.org or by seeing the list of JHHS volunteer opportunities posted outside room 115. All students are encouraged to enter hours throughout the year as they earn them. For the 2017-18 school year, all community service hours must be entered by July 20, 2018. For the 2018-19 school year, all community service hours must be filed between July 21, 2018 and July 19, 2019.
Community Service requirements:
- Class of 2022: 5 hours of community service are required during the second semester of freshman year.
- Class of 2021: 10 hours of community service, earned from July 20, 2018 through July 19, 2019.
- Class of 2020: 15 hours of community service, earned from July 20, 2018 through July 19, 2019.
- Class of 2019: 20 hours of community service, earned from July 20, 2018 through July 19, 2019.
Q. When may freshmen students begin earning their 5 service hours required for their freshman year?
A. Freshmen may begin during second semester.
Q. When may sophomore students begin earning their 10 service hours required for their sophomore year?
A. After July 20, 2018, until July 19, 2019.
For other information or questions, including service hours and attendance, contact Felicia Walter at (847) 718-7734 or firstname.lastname@example.org.