Harper Promise Scholarship
Beginning with the class of 2019, D214 students will be eligible to earn up to two years of tuition free college attendance at Harper College. For an overview of the program, including eligibility requirements, visit the Harper Promise site by clicking here. You can also view a detailed program explanation in English (Spanish) (Polish).
All freshmen are encouraged to sign up for the Harper Promise for two simple reasons:
- By signing up, students will have the option to attend two years of Harper College tuition free, an option that they can later choose whether or not to accept.
- Meeting, or exceeding, the minimum eligibility requirements will help students no matter what they choose to do after high school and make it easier to attract other scholarships.
Registration & Recommitment:
Freshmen may register for the Harper Promise Program in one of two ways:
- Online during the general registration process in Infinite Campus by clicking the "enroll" box
- Completing the paper Harper Promise Application and returning it to the College Career Center (CCC) on or before December 15, 2018.
Sophomores and Juniors must recommit each year via a survey in Infinite Campus before 9/14/18.
Required Community Service Hours:
Community Service requirements in 2018-19:
- Class of 2022: 5 hours of community service are required during the second semester of freshman year.
- Class of 2021: 10 hours of community service, earned from July 20, 2018 through July 19, 2019.
- Class of 2020: 15 hours of community service, earned from July 20, 2018 through July 19, 2019.
- Class of 2019: 20 hours of community service, earned from July 20, 2018 through July 19, 2019.
For the 2018-19 school year, all community service hours must be filed between July 21, 2018 and July 19, 2019. Students should update community service hours on-line and are encouraged to enter hours throughout the year as they earn them. Students should report their community service hours online using this service hour tracker and these directions.
Looking for a way to earn 5 hours? Consider visiting www.volunteermatch.org or by seeing the list of JHHS volunteer opportunities posted outside room 115.
For other information or questions, including service hours and attendance, contact Felicia Walter at (847) 718-7734 or email@example.com.