Student Services Mission Statement
John Hersey High School is a vibrant, high achieving institution of learning with a strong academic focus. We are student centered, understanding that students are unique and we are passionate about preparing them for their developmental growth and post-secondary endeavors. The Student Services Staff strive to meet the needs of our students by working collaboratively and supporting one another while achieving common goals. Therefore we encourage students to become independent learners and nurture their social and emotional well being while modeling positive relationships among students, staff, parents and the community.
Click the links below for resources and procedures.
Student Services Support Overview
Student Services OPEN HOUSE curriculum overview presentation.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Academic Resource Center (ARC) - Tutoring, Test Make Up, ARC Store and Library
- Career Resources
- Co-Curricular Sports & Activities
- College Application Guide - Resources for Seniors
- College Resources: Upcoming Events, Financial Aid, College Rep Visits and more...
- Community Service Tracker - Tracking service hours through Transeo for Harper Promise. Ideas on how to volunteer remotely. Visit VolunteerMatch.org for other serving opportunities.
- Course Selection Information: Presentations, Elective Choices, Graduation Requirements, Academic Handbook, Career Pathways, and other district program information to guide course selection.
- Daily Schedule (Orange/Brown 20-21 Calendar)
- Drivers Ed Verification: Contact registrar email@example.com
- Dual Credit
- Free & Reduced Lunch Application: Contact main office firstname.lastname@example.org
- Four Year Course Plan
- Harper Promise
- Infinite Campus Grade Report
- Internships - Workplace Learning Experience
- Level Change Protocol - Contact current teacher and division head regarding your interest for a change in level placement.
- Naviance Student - College and Career research and planning tool.
- Off-Campus Lunch Privilege
- PE Waivers: See email message from Mr. John Novak for online request form and deadlines. Eligibility: Students must be enrolled in a regular Physical Education class, not a specialty PE, being on a team's roster/Band/ROTC, and freshman students must request a waiver within one week after being rostered.
- Remote Learning Toolbox: Students and Parents
- SAT/ACT - Assessment Center
- School & Community Resources
- Senior Pictures/Yearbook: See email from Mr. Rich Lane.
- Stress Management
- Study skills to support learning- A guide for parents
- Study tips for different learning styles
- Technical Support - Remote Learning
- Transcript Requests
- Tutoring (Virtual) - Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Work Permit Application: Contact main office email@example.com