District 214 Library Mission Statement
The goal of library services is to support District 214 Goals of preparing all students to be college and career ready. Library staff will maintain a positive, welcoming learning environment and uphold state (AISLE) and national standards (AASL) through student instruction and staff collaboration.
The JHHS Academic Resource Center (ARC) contains the following services:
- The Library. There are 26 computers available for student use in the ARC available before school, every period of the day, and after school until 4 p.m.
- The Test Make Up Center. Students can go to the Test Make Up Center all periods during the academic day.
- ARC store. Students can purchase supplies such as note cards, batteries, pens, pencils, etc., at the checkout desk.
- Tutoring. Students seeking tutoring should check in with the Tutor Coordinator in the ARC. Teacher tutors are available starting at 7:30 a.m. and every period of the day to assist with all subjects for tutoring and general homework help. Peer tutors are available periods 4, 5, and 6.
Students are encouraged to take advantage of all the Academic Resource Center has to offer!
Hours of Operation
Academic Resource Center
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 to 4 p.m.
- Teacher tutoring: Monday through Friday all periods.
- Peer tutoring: Monday through Friday periods 4, 5, and 6.
Test Make-Up Center
- Monday through Friday all periods. Also available after school
- academic support through both teacher tutoring and peer tutoring
- student and staff orientation to both print and electronic resources
- student and staff instruction for iPad integration
- promote pleasure reading
- student guidance through research using on-line subscription services
- tools with which to evaluate reliability of on-line sources and website evaluation
- collaborate with teachers in creating projects to integrate technology
- set up resources for individual projects
- access to interlibrary loan, through Arlington Memorial library and the North Suburban Library System
Stop by the library to schedule class research projects or simply to talk through an idea for a project!