The JHHS Academic Resource Center (ARC) contains the following services:
- The Library. There are 36 computers available for student use in the ARC available before school, every period of the day, and after school until 4 p.m.
- The Test Make Up Center. Students can go to the Test Make Up Center before school, during lunch periods 4, 5 and 6, or after school until 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday to make up tests and quizzes.
- ARC store. Students can purchase supplies such as note cards, batteries, pens, pencils, etc., at the checkout desk.
- Writing Well Tutoring Center. In the Writing Well, both student and teacher tutors are available starting at 6:45 a.m. and every period of the day to assist with all subjects. The Writing Well is also open until 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday for tutoring and general homework help.
Students are encouraged to take advantage of all the Academic Resource Center has to offer!
Laura Monahan, Teaching and Learning Facilitator
Katie Alexander, Teacher Librarian
Marian Schoenbeck, Library Assistant
Laura Reilly, Writing Well Tutoring Assistant
Michaela Brommel, Technology Assistant
Peggy Hunt, Technology Assistant
Bruce Males, Technology Assistant
Joe Pardun, RtI Coordinator
Nicholas Goshe, RtI Facilitator
Hours of Operation
Academic Resource Center
- Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday through Friday, 7:15 to 4 p.m.
Writing Well Tutoring
- Monday through Thursday, 6:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday, 6:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Test Make-Up Center
- Monday through Friday, 6:45 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Monday through Friday, all lunch periods.
- academic support through both teacher tutoring and peer tutoring
- student and staff orientation to both print and electronic resources
- student and staff instruction for iPad integration
- promote pleasure reading
- student guidance through research using on-line subscription services
- tools with which to evaluate reliability of on-line sources and website evaluation
- collaborate with teachers in creating projects to integrate technology
- set up resources for individual projects
- access to interlibrary loan, through Arlington Memorial library and the North Suburban Library System
Stop by the library to schedule class research projects or simply to talk through an idea for a project!